Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake

Happy (Belated) St. Patrick's Day!

Last night, Ron and I met my parents for corned beef and cabbage with Kellen in tow (he slept the entire time). I loved corned beef and wish it was on the menu more often than once a year! For dessert we celebrated with a Guinness chocolate cheesecake. I found this recipe at Closet Cooking and was very yummy and festive. I have to say I like my other recipe for chocolate cheesecake better (texture is better), but this was a delicious treat. I changed to crust to use oreos versus using graham crackers and cocoa powder and the result was great.


Ingredients

18 Oreo cookies
2 Tbl butter, melted
12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons heavy cream
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup Guinness


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Place the Oreo cookies in a gallon-sized zip-top plastic bag, and crush finely with a rolling pin. Pour in melted butter, and mix until crumbs are coated. Press into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.

Melt the chocolate in the cream in a double boiler.

Cream the cream cheese and mix in the sugar, chocolate, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and Guinness.

Pour the mixture into the spring form pan.
Bakefor 60 minutes. Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly ajar for 60 minutes.Let it cool completely.

Chill the cheesecake in the fridge overnight.

Labels: , , ,