Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches

This recipe from Katie of So Tasty, So Yummy has been making it's way around the blogpsphere for awhile now, and I finally got around to making it last weekend. Honestly, this sandwich is sooooo delicious. I love the sweet and salt marinade, add in the grilled pineapple and it is mouth watering. I loved how easy these sandwiches were and the following day I made sure to pass the recipe to a few co-workers.

Thank you Katie for a fantastic new recipe! I am already looking forward to enjoying these on our deck in once summer come (it kind of feels like that will never happen!).

The baby front has been busy lately! Kellen has started rolling over, and has become more and more active. I seriously feel like I just left the hospital....Everyone was spot on when they told me that you blink and a few months have gone by!



Ingredients
1 large boneless skinless breast of chicken
1 small can pineapple rings (4 rings)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls
2 slices provolone cheese


Instructions

Pound out the chicken breast and slice into two pieces. Combine the juice from the pineapple can, soy sauce, brown sugar and mustard. Marinate the chicken 4 hours or overnight in the the juice mixture. Prepare your grill. Grill the chicken for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Add the cheese with 3 minutes left. While the chicken is grilling, add the pineapple rings halfway through, turning once. Serve on the buns with two pineapple rings each.

Labels: ,