Sloppy Joe Pot Pie (Gluten Free)

Ron loves sloppy joe's and I am a bit of a fair weather fan (I really have to be in the mood for them). I saw this recipe from Betty Crocker and knew I needed to give it a try for my sloppy joe loving husband. The recipe is really simple and new variation on a traditional dish. Ron and I both thought this recipe was delicious! I especially liked how quick it came together (always helpful on a weeknight), and the addition of cheddar cheese will always get two thumbs up from me.


Ingredients

1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (15.5 oz) sloppy joe sauce
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup Bisquick Gluten Free mix
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper


Instructions

Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease bottom only of 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. In large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned; drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce and cheese. Spoon into baking dish. In medium bowl, stir together remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over beef mixture. Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown

Labels: , , ,