Whiskey Glazed Carrots

This past Easter Ron and I had my sister over for dinner on Saturday evening because our parents are in Florida. I made these carrots from Pioneer Woman to accompany our ham and other fixings. The recipe is very easy to put together and is perfect for a holiday table.  I did scare Ron half to death while making them because the whiskey cause some flame action when I initially added it to the pan....what kind of family gathering is complete without a little fire!?  I loved the salty, sweet and buttery flavors of this side dish. I know that this will be a dish we will use in the future...perhaps next time we will try a little brandy? I also think you could try this glazed with different veggies, perhaps sweet potatoes or maybe brussel sprouts?  Yum!

We are off to Florida on Friday and after last nights "thundersnow" I could not be more ready for this vacation! Bring on the sun and sand!


Ingredients

1 stick Butter, Divided
2 pounds Baby Carrots
1/2 cup Whiskey
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste

Instructions
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add carrots in two batches, cooking for 2-3 minutes each batch. Remove from skillet.
Pour in whiskey and allow to evaporate 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium, and add remaining butter. When butter melts, sprinkle brown sugar over the top. Stir together, then add carrots to skillet. Cover, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.

Remove lid and add salt and pepper. Continue cooking until carrots are done and glaze is thick, about 5 more minutes.

Pour onto a platter and serve immediately.

Labels: , , ,