Grapefruit Lime Basil Punch

I love a cool drink on a warm summer day. I made this cocktail for my sister when my family came over to celebrate her birthday. I had a few different ingredients around my house and decided to experiment with a new cocktail. I made my recipe with no alcohol because my nephew was joining us, but I think that this would be delicious with a little vodka thrown into the mix. I was unsure about the basil initially, but it created a very refreshing and tasty beverage. I can't wait to play around with more summer cocktails as our weather gets warmer and warmer!


Ingredients

3 1/2 cups ice
5 cup grapefruit juice
1 12oz bottle of 7-up
1 cup ruby red or citrus vodka (optional)
4-5 basil leaves, chiffonade
Juice of 2 limes
2 limes sliced


Instructions

Place ice into a large pitcher. Stir all other ingredients together and pour over ice. Serve in a tall glass and garnish with a lime wedge.

Labels: , ,