Scandinavian Spice Cookies


Time for the June Surprise Recipe Swap reveal!

This month I received Marleys blog This and That. Her blog has lots of greats recipes and even a few African recipes. I was hoping one would catch my eye, but ultimately I decided on Scandinavian Spice Cookies.  I love spice cookies and the blend of different flavors sounded delicious! I used molasses over karo syrup because it was what I had on hand. I loved the flavors of these cookies. They reminded me of a molasses cookie, but a little more complex due to all the spices. Thank you for a great recipe!

Check out the button below if you would like to join in the fun of the Surprise Recipe Swap!



Ingredients

1 1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 T molasses
1 egg
1 tsp. baking soda
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamon 
1 tsp ginger
Granulated Sugar, for dusting
 
 
Instructions
 
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the molasses, egg and soda mixed with a small amount of flour( about a tsp) and mix well.  Mix in cloves, cinnamon, cardamon and ginger.  Mix well.    
After dough is mixed, place it in the fridge for an hour. Roll into balls and flatten out with a glass. Sprinkle with sugar  Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 -12 minutes.

HungryLittleGirl
#SurpriseRecipeSwap

Labels: , ,