Sweet Pork Tacos with Cilantro Ranch Dressing

Ron and I started a garden this year and I was looking for different recipes to use some of my fresh cilantro when I came across this recipe from Cassie Craves. Ron and I love tacos and it is always great to find a new recipe we can try. When I saw this this recipe I thought it was perfect to use with my fresh herbs. The other plus of this recipe is that the meat is slow cooked. Slow cooked meat = tender juicy deliciousness. I cut back on the amount of cola used in the recipe because 3 cans seemed like a lot to me and I didn't think it needed that much liquid. I also reduced the amount of sugar used in the cilantro ranch dressing.  The recipe call for the pork to sit overnight. I forgot this step and added it all to my crockpot and the results were great. Ron and I loved these tacos. I used the meat for salads to bring to work and it was absolutely delicious. These are a must make for any taco lover!


Ingredients

For the pork:

2 to 3 pound pork roast (I used 2 1/2)
1 cans Coca-Cola
1 cup brown sugar
4 cloves garlic
1 can diced green chilies
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1 packet taco seasoning

For the dressing:

1 cup salsa verde
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1/3 cup cilantro
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
Juice from 1 fresh lime
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 Tbl sugar
Instructions
Place pork in crockpot. Mix all other pork ingredients together in a medium bowl. Pour over pork. Cook pork mixture on low for 8 hours, or until the pork shreds easily with a fork. Blend all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender. Allow dressing to rest in the fridge for an hour. Serve pork in tortillas top with cheese, lettuce and cilantro ranch sauce

Labels: , ,