Balsamic Roast Beef

Last week Wisconsin was sizzlin'! I hate turning on my oven when there are consistent temps in the high 80's- low 90's. My crockpot and grill become my fast friends during those hot days. I saw this recipe (originally from Add A Pinch) floating around a few different blogs I read.  Ron and I both love roasts and I thought it was worth a try. I loved the flavors of the roast....a little salty, a little sweet and a little spice from the red pepper flakes.  I served it over mashed potatoes with a it of the jus over the top. The beef was tender and fell apart easily. A perfect oven free meal! 

I had a girls night on Saturday to celebrate a few birthdays between my friends. There are 6 of us and 3 celebrate birthdays in July and 3 celebrate birthdays in February. It sure makes for large and fun birthday parties! I had to go home around 1 a.m. because I needed to pump (sigh), but next year all bets are off.  I am currently 7 1/2 months in exclusively pumping for Kellen. My goal is 12 months and I have 4 1/2 months to go. Sometimes this feels like an eternity and sometimes it feels like a breeze.  Positive affirmations and advice from other moms has been a major help to me.  I think that this has taught me a lot about myself, but it sure has it's hard days! 


Ingredients

3-4 lb chuck roast
1 1/2 cup beef stock
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbl soy sauce
2 Tbl honey
1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes (I used a generous 1 tsp)
4 cloves garlic, minced


Instructions

Place beef in the crock pot  In a medium bowl mix all other ingredients together. Pour over the beef. Cook on low 7-8 hours.  Shred and serve.

Labels: ,