Banana Blueberry Muffins

Ahhhh...berry season.  One of my personal favorites along with apple season. I love baking/cooking with seasonal and fresh products. I was very excited when I found a large box of freshly picked blueberries at one of the farm stands on my way home from work. Ron, unfortunately, is not a fan of berries, but that just means there is more for me!  I was having a few girlfriends and kids over and I knew that these muffins would be a perfect snack. The recipe very easy and the flavors of the muffins are delicious. The recipe does not result in an overly sweet and some of the kids were hoping for a little bit more of a sugary treat. However, the adults thought flavors were delicious. 

This week Ron and I had to lower Kellen's mattress because he is starting to pull himself up *sniff*.  My baby is getting to be such a little boy.  Kellen has also started liking different finger foods. He loves cantaloupe and peas. It makes me so happy to see him starting to enjoy and explore the flavors of whole foods. People will often ask about Kellen eating solids and the truth is I never have wanted to push it because he was so hesitant when we first tried a few. It makes me happy that our hands-off approach and allowing him to lead has worked for the best.  Baby food making was/is something very exciting to me (maybe next time!), but Kellen does not like purees and prefers to feed himself. I wonder if this will be a clue as to his personality in the future? 


Ingredients

3 large ripe bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour


Instructions

Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar and egg. Add butter and blueberries.

Combine dry ingredients and gently stir into banana mixture.

Pour into 12 well-greased muffin cups (or use liners).

Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes

Labels: , ,