Cafe Rio Chicken Tacos

It is time for the March WC Recipe Swap! 

The theme for this month was Blogger's Choice. I received the blog Kate's Recipe Box.  Kate has tons of delicious recipes on her site and it was very hard to pick just one!  Normally, I gravitate towards a main dish because we are always looking for new dinner ideas at our house. I came across Cafe Rio Chicken Tacos and immediately thought they sounded flavorful and delicious.  I was looking forward to making these tacos all week because I have made Cafe Rio pork before and loved it!  We do not have a Cafe Rio in Green Bay, but I imagine making it at home is a tasty substitution.  These tacos are so full of flavor! My spicy beef taco lovin' purest husband even thought they were absolutely delicious.  I added a little onion powder to the recipe because I love the flavor, but have grown to dislike raw onions after having Kellen (so odd).  We topped our tacos with the tradition toppings, but added in black beans as well. 

Thank you Kate for a great recipe! 
Thanks also go to Sarah of A Taste of Home Cooking for hosting our swap!

This weekend we are heading to Milwaukee to celebrate Ron's birthday with a few friends. I am still mulling over what restaurant to go to....

Ingredients

2 lbs chicken breasts
1 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 Tbl ground cumin
1/2 Tbl chili powder
1/2 Tbl onion powder

Toppings:
shredded lettuce
shredded sharp cheddar
diced tomatoes
sliced black olives
black beans
sour cream


Instructions

Place chicken in the crockpot. Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.  Cook on low for 7-8 hours.

When cooked, remove chicken and shred. Return to crockpot and stir. Allow chicken to cook in the crockpot for an additional 20-30 minutes so it soaks in all the juices and flavor. 

Serve with tortilla shells and desired toppings. 

An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , ,