Slow Cooker Red Wine Pork Roast

I have made no secret about my love of our crockpot.  Sometimes I have odd texture issues with meats, but always really like them if they are shredded or fall apart with ease.  I love the flavors of red wine cooked with meat and wanted something that would cook while I was away at work. I added a little Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar for an extra kick of salty sweet flavor. I served this roast with creamy mashed potatoes and steamed green beans. Ron and I both loved the flavors of the pork. Kellen even tried a few pieces, but he was partial to his green beans.  Next time we make it I think I will throw in mushrooms and onions joining the pork for the all day simmer. 

Tonight is our volleyball game! I always get excited to play...mainly for the friends, but it also means I get a cold tap beer. Drool. 


Ingredients

2 1/2- 3 lb pork roast
1 1/2 cup red wine
3/4 cup vegetable stock 
1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp onion powder
2 Tbl brown sugar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper


Instructions

Place roast in crockpot and season with salt and pepper. 

In a medium bowl, mix wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, brown sugar and red pepper flakes.

Pour over roast. Cook 7-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. 

Labels: , , ,