Weekly Meal Plan 5/19 - 5/25

Happy Monday!

This week needs to fly by because I am so pumped about our trip next week! 

This weekend we were in Lake Geneva for a pig roast with my co-workers. It was super fun and I loved hanging out with everyone. We went without Kellen and were able to go out for drinks with my co-worker and her boyfriend- tons of fun was had by all.  We ended the weekend with brunch at a place called The Baker House.  Originally a summer home built in 1885, Baker House has been a sanitarium, speakeasy and back to a private residence before becoming a bed and breakfast. I heard they are having a Great Gatsby themed party in June!  On Sunday evening we celebrated my sister-in-law's birthday with a delicious cookout. Kellen got to try out the big trampoline and absolutely loved it. 

This week we are prepping for our trip to France.  I am so excited, if you couldn't tell already, and can't wait for next Monday. Many people have asked us about flying with Kellen at 18 months and, honestly, I am really not stressing about it. I do have a plan and army of troops (aka wrapped little gifts, books, peanut butter and suckers).  My view on travel is that if I wait till my child is perfect I will never leave my house. I am prepared for crying and a difficult 8 hours, but I am also prepared for it to be smooth with a few bumps. Last time we flew with Kellen it was 4 hours and went very smoothly. I also know once I get there I will not care (hopefully!) what happened on an 8 hour plane ride.  

Here is what is on tap: 

Monday: Grilled Grapefruit and Horseradish Skirt Steak, Buttered Parsley Potatoes and Green Beans
Tuesday: Out for sushi for my sister's birthday
Wednesday: Spicy Beef Tacos
Thursday: Molasses and Coffee Marinated Pork Chops, Wild Rice and Corn
Friday: Crabcake Sandwiches, Old Bay Oven Fries, and Fruit
Saturday: Out to Dinner
Sunday: Grilled Cheeseburgers, Baked Beans, Cottage Cheese and Mixed Fruit

Labels: