Molasses and Coffee Marinated Pork Chops

Time for June Secret Recipe Club

Secret Recipe Club

This month I was assigned Julie's blog Little Bit of Everything.  I was searching her recipes and was happy to see that she previously made my Zucchini Banana Crumble Bread (one of my all time favorites). I loved browsing the recipe selections because we have very similar tastes, but that makes picking one very hard! I finally selected Molasses and Coffee Marinated Pork Chops. This recipe looked wonderful and was originally from Alton Brown. Ron and I went to see Alton Brown in February, I have been itching to try more of his recipes ever since! The original recipe recommended reducing the leftover marinate for a sauce, but I opted not to do this and served the chops sans glaze.  Like Julie, we thought this recipe was delicious!  The coffee and molasses work wonderfully together and the pork is sweet and smokey. 
Thank you Julie for a delicious new recipe!

We are back from France! I will fill you in on all the details in a later post, but the trip was ah-maz-ing!!!


Ingredients

1 cup cool strong coffee
6 ounces molasses, by weight
2 Tbl apple cider vinegar
1 Tbl Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 boneless pork chops, 1-inch thick 


Instructions

Place all ingredients (besides the pork chops) in a medium bowl and whisk till combined. Place all of the ingredients into a 1-gallon zip top bag and seal. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 8 hours.

Preheat grill to medium-high.

Remove the pork chops from the marinade (original recipe call to reduce marinade for glaze. I opted not to do this). Grill pork chops 3 to 4 minutes per side. Allow the pork chops to rest 2-3 minutes before serving.

An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , ,