Easy Cherry Cobbler

I love cherries and all types of cherry desserts. My Grandmother use to make an amazing cherry pie when I was a kid and the flavor memories have never left. While in Door County this weekend for the 4th of July I wanted to put together a dessert for our family. I decided that cherry cobbler was what was for dinner  (er- dessert).  This recipe is super simple and totally delicious. I added a little more lemon juice and a bit of milk for a touch more richness. 

My family also thought it was funny to watch my hands turn a deeper shade of cherry red as I pitted all of the cherries! This is a bit of a mess, but it is completely worth it (and there is a humor factor of those watching you). 

We all loved this dessert and topped our portions with vanilla ice cream to enjoy before we watched the fireworks on Thursday night. Perfect final treat to enjoy a family holiday weekend!


Easy Cherry Cobbler
slightly adapted from: Recipe Girl

Ingredients

5 cups fresh cherries (pitted and left whole)
Juice from one medium lemon
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 large egg, beaten
1 Tbl whole milk
6 Tbl salted butter, melted


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter an 8x8-inch square baking pan. Place cherries into the dish and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice.

In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and flour. Using a fork, gently stir in the egg and milk. Keep stirring until  incorporated into the dry ingredients and it's a crumbly mixture.

Crumble the crumbly mixture over the cherries. Drizzle melted butter on top.

Bake  45 minutes or until the top is a nice golden brown and bubbling. Remove from the oven and serve.

Labels: , ,