Feta and Garlic Scape Pesto Pasta Salad

My in-laws came over for dinner on Sunday to help evaluate an uneven spot on our deck.  I wanted to use up the rest of my garlic scape pesto before freezing the remainder for later. Ron and I love pasta salads with a pesto dressing and I thought it would be a delicious way to feed the crowd.  I kept the recipe pretty simple and used a basic mayo based, but opted for greek yogurt over sour cream.  I think you could easily use a basil based pesto in this recipe and have lovely results. 

Our family loved this recipe and it was a perfect side for our cook out.  Kellen has started to get into liking noodles and thought it was delicious as well. However, the brats always steal the show for him- he is a Wisconsin boy! 

Tonight we have volleyball and I am excited because we have been on a winning steak. However, I probably just jinxed us....oops.  I am certainly looking forward to having a beer or two.....who am I kidding or three....


Ingredients

1 lb shaped pasta
1 1/2 cup mayo
1 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup garlic scape pesto 
6 oz crumbled feta
3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp sugar


Instructions

Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. 

In a medium bowl, whisk mayo, yogurt and pesto together.  In a large bowl, add pasta, tomatoes and olives. Add pesto dressing and stir gently to evenly coat. Add feta and gently stir until  the cheese is evenly mixed in to the pasta.

Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate till you are ready to serve.

Labels: , , , , , ,