Peach and Plum Galette

Right now the farmer's market is chucked full of peach from the south. It is one of my favorite things to buy each week because they are such a rarity for us the remainder of the year.  I am always looking for different ways to prepare the peaches and I book marked this recipe from Confessions of a Foodie Bride  because it looked absolutely amazing and easy (as we know this is a must when it comes to me and baking).  The only change I made was to use a little course raw sugar in place of granulated because I love the crunch it gives to dough when baked.  We served this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream over the top, bit I also tried it with a bit of my salted caramel gelato and it was delicious. Kellen gave this a thumbs up as well which is not surprising because he adores peaches.  One of Kellen's new favorite things to do is stand next to the fridge or counter and yell "maaaa peeaacccch maaaa peeeeaaccchhh!!"....... ask and you shall receive my boy. 


Ingredients

3 medium peaches, skin-on and sliced
3 plums, skin-on and sliced
1 pie crust (I used a pre-made from our bakery, but you could make our own)
Flour
1 egg whisked with 1 Tbl water
1 1/2 Tbl raw sugar


Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Stretch (or roll if you made your own) your pie crust on lightly floured parchment paper.

Arrange the sliced fruit working out from the center in a spiral. Make sure to leave about 2 inches boarder around the outside to fold over. 

Fold the crust edges up and over the fruit (I tucked as I circles the fruit). 

Transfer the parchment to a baking sheet.
Brush dough with egg wash and sprinkle evenly with sugar.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the fruit center is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.

Top with ice cream and serve. 

Labels: , ,