Weekly Meal Plan 8/11 - 8/17

Happy Monday! 

We had an amazing weekend that ended kinda crappy. 

We went of Thai with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. I love Thai curry.... I positively crave it from time to time, and was so happy to go! Of course time spent with our family is always awesome and full of tons of laughs and jokes. 

On Saturday, Kellen and I started our morning at the park with our friends. Later, we headed to Neshkoro, Wisconsin for a wedding on a farm. It was my childhood friend Loni's wedding to her husband Kjartan.  The farm was a a place e use to go when we were children and it was so fun to go back (and a bit emotional too). It was a place I never thought I would see again that held such sweet memories.  The decor was beautiful and perfect even down to the hand cut and hemmed napkins by the bride.  We sat on hay bales draped with different fabrics for the commitment ceremony (in English and Danish!). We feasted on traditional Wisconsin BBQ, homemade pie and cookies, freshly tapped beer and old fashions. We dances to  a fiddle under rows of small lights and twinkling of mason jars hung from trees. Perfect. 




On Sunday, my cousins were in Door County for my Mom's birthday. My cousin made porchetta and I made zucchini and mashed potatoes. I have had porchetta once before as a sandwich and it was wonderful so I was excited to try my cousins offerings. This porchetta was even more delicious than I remembered. I immediately requested it for Christmas dinner....amazing.  Unfortunately Ron and Kellen could not join because Kellen has Hand, Foot and Mouth disease! He had a touch of a fever starting on Friday, but it was a typical teething symptom and on Sunday he woke up with a few red dots.  Poor little dude!! 

This week I am out of town for work, but will be returning later on Wednesday  only to go off to another training on Thursday. A silver lining is that my friend Melissa is staying at my house before the training and I am super excited to see her!  I have nothing on my calendar this weekend and can't wait for a relaxing do nothing weekend!

Have a great week! 

Here is what is on tap:

Monday: Out with my girlfriends for dinner. Ron and Kellen will have Grilled Kielbasa, Mac and Cheese and Green Beans
Tuesday: Out of Town for Work (Kellen and Ron will have pizza)
Wednesday: Out for volleyball
Thursday: Salsa Verde Chicken, Cilantro Lime Cous Cous and Black Beans
Friday: Hawaiian Chicken with Coconut Rice and Grilled Green Beans
Saturday: BLTs and Watermelon
Sunday: Grilled Steaks w/ Cabernet Blue Cheese Butter, Grilled Veggies and Corn on the Cob

Labels: