Company Potato Casserole

Cheesy potatoes are a staple at almost any Midwest potluck and are usually one of the first things to disappear from the spread. We make a few different variations of cheesy potatoes in our house and my favorite recipe included cream of chicken soup. Since I recently made a homemade batch of my own I decided it was time to update one of my favorite potluck side dishes.  There is just something addictive about these potatoes to me....maybe it is the melted cheese or creamy potatoes or the buttery topping....or all three!  I have to say I love this updated version even more than the original! 

Speaking of cheese, tonight we are looking forward to relaxing at home and making a new recipe for mac and cheese with broccoli and chicken- yum! Tonight is also American Horror Story and, so far, I am digging this season. Anyone else think Twisty is horrifying!?  I am also getting ready to do a little pumpkin baking tonight and I feel like I am really late to the party with it this year! I see many of my friend's blogs adorned with delicious pumpkin treats, and I need to get my ass in gear! 


Ingredients

1 30 oz bag frozen hasbrowns
1 recipe for Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups grated sharp cheddar
2 cups grated medium/mild cheddar cheese
2 cups soft bread crumbs (I put my bread in my food processor, but dried will work too)
2 Tbl chopped fresh parsley
4 Tbl butter, melted
Salt and Pepper, to taste


Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside. 

In a large mixing bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, sour cream and hashbrowns. Season with salt and pepper. In the baking dish layer 1/2 the potato mixture followed by 1 cup of each cheese. Layer the remainder of the potatoes over the cheese and top with remaining cheese. In a medium bowl, gently mix bread crumbs, parsley and butter. Spoon evenly over the potatoes. 

Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until top is golden and potatoes are hot and bubbly. 

Labels: , , , , ,