Weekly Meal Plan 12/29 - 1/4

Happy Monday! 

I hope that you had a wonderful remainder of your holiday break! 

On Friday, we laid low and watched a movie in the evening. Ron loves the storm chaser shows, and has been wanting to see the movie Into the Storm and was happy to see it available to rent. We also snacked on the remainder of our Christmas candy.  

On Saturday, I made a big breakfast for the family before working on a few loads of laundry. In the afternoon, Kellen and I met my mom for lunch and headed for a nap after our meal (nap for him and American Horror Story on Netflix for me).  Late afternoon Ron brought Kellen for an overnight with his parents and I met my parents to see Into the Woods. I really enjoyed the movie and loved the music. I know that Into the Woods is not a familiar musical to most people, but it was one that I saw as a child and loved ever since. The songs are fantastic, and I love the story. The movie version was well cast and I thought the actor who played Jack was one of the best. I like Meryl Streep in the role, but love Bernadette Peters in the original more. Bernadette plays the witch with a bit more sass, and I love that. I also loved the prince's duet....hysterical. Now that I am a parent some of the songs ("Stay with Me") strike a hard nerve because the feels are so real of wanting to protect a child from the world, but knowing they will only thrive when you let go.  If you love musicals (or even if you aren't sure) I would give this one a try because it is a unique show and the characters are flawed and wonderful.  After the movie, I headed home and got ready for a date night with Ron to Plae Bistro.  After a busy week we were both so thankful for a break and a chance to sleep in! For dinner, we shared bruschetta and tuna bites (sliced tuna with tomatoes, avocado and wasabi aoli) to start and had grilled ribeye with garlic horseradish au jus for our main dish. Delicious! 

On Sunday, we picked up Kellen and got ready for the Packer game! We had pizza with my parents and watched the Packers win the division for the 4th year in a row! Packers played great (dirty Suh stepping on Rogers), and will have first round bye and a game at home! We hold season tickets and a lucky couple of family member will get to go to the game! 

Game faces!

This week we are going to celebrate New Year's at a friends house and have a relaxing New Year's Day. I am going to have a big pot of chili on the stove for anyone that stops by for a visit. On Friday, Ron's cousin is in town and his uncle is having a get together for everyone to come and see him. It will be fun, and Kellen's cousin's will be there to play. The remainder of the weekend is footloose and fancy free, but I am sure we will fill it with a few fun activities and a little non-Packer football!

Here is what is on tap:

Monday: Chicken Saltimbocca Spaghetti and Salad
Tuesday: Creamy Wild Rice, Vegetable and Sausage Soup and Crusty Bread
Wednesday: New Year's Eve- I am making Mac & Cheese, an app TBA and New York Cheesecake with Tart Cherry Topping
Thursday: New Years Day- Brunch: Pancakes and Fruit Salad/ Spicy Beef Chili in the Evening
Friday: Leftover Chili
Saturday: Creamy Balsamic and Herb Chicken, Quinoa and Peas
Sunday: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Salad and Garlic Bread

Labels: