Mini Garlic Monkey Bread

Welcome to April's What's Baking!

We were challenged to bake with garlic this month and I immediately knew that I wanted to try out a recipe my friend Emily made for dinner awhile ago, Mini Garlic Monkey Bread. I opted to use the recipe from Damn Delicious because it looked so easy and I knew it was something I could put together to serve with a weeknight dinner.  My entire family goes nuts for garlic bread in any form and I knew this recipe would be a hit in my household.  Kellen and I loved peeling the morsels of warm buttery bread from the muffins and popping them into our mouths. It seems, with toddlers, that anything that can be made little or mini is well received by little appetites. I served these along side a roast, cheesy potatoes and a crisp salad, but they would be fantastic with lasagna or spaghetti. Another wonderful thing is that these can be made prior to the meal and reheated quickly when you are ready to serve.

Today I finished unpacking and am working on laundry (which feels like forever and ever!). I was lucky to have some "me" time today and got to the gym and had lunch with a friend.  Tonight, Ron and I are relaxing and playing with Kellen on his new swing set before dinner and more laundry.  I also need to run to pick up my elderberry syrup (click to read more about the health and wellness benefits) from a friend- no after plane sickness for us (doesn't it always feel like this happens?)! Have a great Monday everyone! 


Ingredients

1 (16-ounce) tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 Tbl grated Parmesan
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/8 tsp salt


Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

 Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin  with cooking spray.

Cut each of the 8 biscuits into eighths and set aside (I like to use a pizza cutter).

In a large bowl, whisk together butter, Parmesan, garlic, oregano, basil, parsley and salt, reserving 2 tablespoons for later. Gently stir in biscuit pieces till well coated. 

Arrange 5-6 pieces into each muffin cup, gently pressing the last piece in the center.

Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Brush with remaining butter mixture and serve warm.

Labels: , , ,