Weekly Meal Plan 4/6 - 4/12

Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend filled with family, jelly beans and Peeps! 

On Friday, we relaxed at home after a bit of an overwhelming week. I caught this picture of my boys walking around the backyard. They are so cute. Kellen really liked to mimic Ron and I love that he is keeping in step close behind his Dad. Adorable. 


On Saturday, Kellen and I headed to the zoo for the Eggstravaganza. My friend Kayla was home with a sick kiddo and Ron had class and it became a lovely one on one date with my little man. The zoo has loads of colored plastic eggs all over the property and the kids have to pick up the eggs and drop them with the correctly color egg drop and they got a little treat. 


Another little treat were these cute friends! They came right over to us and were standing up and sliding into the water- must have been close to feeding time! Kellen told me they were his favorite of the day. 


We also met the Easter Bunny! From this photo Kellen looks a bit nervous, but he actually really liked him and loved his nice warm paws wrapped around his little hands. 


Later in the evening (and after a nap), we headed to my parents house for dinner and the Badger game. My Dad made his famous tenderloin steaks with a brandy mustard sauce. We also had mashed potatoes, roasted brussle sprouts and a kale salad with poppy seed dressing (homemade Costco style!).  We also enjoyed coloring eggs! Kellen didn't really get into it, but my nephew loved it and loved watching the eggs get darker and darker.  Ron and I have deviled eggs on our minds with these babies! 


Saturday was not all good. Right when we got home poor Kellen got sick and threw up all over his car seat! The next morning the poor guy didn't want to get out of his bed. It wasn't until around 10 am that Kellen wanted to take a peek at his basket from the bunny. Since our little guy was sick I went to my parents for grilled burgers and baskets while Ron stayed with Kellen. When I got home Ron went to his parents house for dinner while I stayed  home with our sick boy. We relaxed, read books, got a special visit from Grandma and Grandpa and watched The Lion King. 


I the evening we relaxed with Chicago PD, Easter candy and some delicious leftover ham and gravy my sister-in-law sent home for me. 

This week I am grabbing dinner with a few girlfriend (sushi!!!), Ron and I are having a Pho date on Friday and I am keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather to get outside. We are also visiting our friends and their new little girl on Sunday.  However, tonight is one of the most exciting nights of the week because the Badger are playing for the championship!!! Wisconsin is buzzing and gearing up for the game tonight- I even saw red and white brat buns and tortilla chips at the grocery store today. 

On Wisconsin!!!!!!

Here is what is on tap:

Monday: Go Badgers!!!! Grilled Brats, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Cottage Cheese and Fruit
Tuesday:  Cowboy Crown Casserole, Roasted Cauliflower and Salad
Wednesday: Out for Sushi with my Girlfriends
Thursday: Baked Chicken Fajitas, Rice and Black Beans
Friday: Out for Pho
Saturday : Cumin Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken Tenders with Spicy Risotto Style Couscous and Avocado Crema
Sunday:  Thai Peanut Pork Tenderloin, Rice, Cardamom and Ginger Roasted Parsnips and Salad

Labels: