Cilantro Lime Rice

Time for May's Improv Cooking Challenge!

The theme for this month is cilantro and lime- so many possibilities! I recently made a Creamy Tex Mex Slow Cooker Chicken and needed a delicious rice recipe to serve it over. I am a big fan of Chipotle and thought their cilantro lime rice was a perfect side, and perfect to share for this challenge! I opted to use Skinny Taste's recipe (with a few adaptations) for the rice and it was spot on to the Chipotle favorite!  Normally, for these challenges I like to create my own recipe, but this one was too good and too easy not to share with you. My favorite part of this side dish is the use of the fresh herbs, and I can't wait to make it again with a bunch of garden fresh cilantro.  Like I said, I used this to create a burrito bowl, but it would be equally delicious inside a burrito or as a side for a delicious grilled fresh fish. 

Speaking of gardens. I had a little incident last night/this morning. So, early Wednesday morning there was a frost advisory and, since I just planted my garden, I made a mental note to cover my plants and put the pots in the garage. However, the night got crazy and I FORGOT. I woke up this morning to dead peppers, tomatoes, zucchini and basil. Arrrrrrrggggghhhhh!  Thankfully, not everything was lost and I only need to replant a few of the more fragile vegetables. Darn you late May frost....... I guess my Friday night will be a little bit busier, and you better believe that I won't forget again!  

Tonight, I am heading to the gym for a quick workout, then home for dinner and off to my Thursday night volleyball game! 

If you want to join the fun of the Improv Cooking Challenge visit Lesa of Edesia's Notebook for details! 

Stay tuned for next month's recipe using fish and avocado! 

Ingredients

4 cups cooked basmati rice
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 tsp vegetable oil


Instructions

Place cooked rice in a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice, salt and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed. Serve immediately.
An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , , , ,