Triple Stacked Spicy Club with Bacon, Avocado and Raspberry Habenero Aoli

Today, I am joining with PRiMO Specialty Foods to bring you a recipe featuring one of their delectable and unique signature preserves. PRiMO makes spicy sweet preserves and olive tapenades for cooks, entertainers and food lovers!  PRiMO asked me to try their product and create a few recipes, and I was thrilled because I love preserves and their versatility. PRiMO has a delicious array of flavor combinations like, blueberry jalapeno, blackberry serrano, raspberry habanero and spiced cherry. Sounds pretty delicious right!?  I received a jar of raspberry habanero preserves, and I already had ideas buzzing in my brain. Besides amazing flavor combos, the preserves are natural, gluten-free, trans-fat free, dairy-free and vegan. 

I love the retro inspired packaging!


The raspberry habanero has a mild heat, but do not let that fool you because the heat creeps up on your palate slowly! I loved that I could taste the flavors of the peppers and the fruit without one overpowering the other and I was left with a sweet lick of burn on my tongue.  

I think when people hear preserves they automatically think toast or breakfast. My mind tends to go into the opposite direction and think of savory dishes that will pack a bigger punch with the addition of the sweet heat from the preserves.  One flavor profile I really like with raspberry is bacon and avocado. I know it sounds a little different, but the flavors work so well together because bacon add great smoke and salt, and the avocado adds a bit or richness.... perfect combo in my book.  I decided that the best way to get these flavors together was to create a sandwich. However, when I make a sandwich I don't just make a run of the mill sandwich. I make a tricked-out, piled high, go big or go home sandwich because is there really another way to go? I think not.  I opted to use the preserves in the spread so that the flavor was in each bite of the sandwich. I used mayo as my carrier and a heavy handed amount of the preserves to make sure that the raspberry was bright and the heat was present. In addition to the raspberry habanero spread, I used bacon, avocado, pepper jack cheese, fresh tomato, lettuce, smoked ham and roasted turkey. 

My husband, son and I downed this sandwich and I know it is a good sign when there is a wave of silence at my dinner table.  I loved how all of the flavors melted together to give me sweet, spicy, salt, creamy, crispy and crunchy- does it get much better!?

Big thank you to PRiMO for sharing your delicious product with me and my readers! Head over to PRiMO's website and check out they amazing product line. Please check back tomorrow for another recipe featuring a PRiMO specialty preserve! 



Ingredients


1 1/2 Tbl mayonnaise
1 1/2  Tbl PRiMO Raspberry Habanero Specialty Preserves
3 slices sourdough bread, lightly toasted
1/2 a very ripe avocado, mashed
4 slices bacon, cooked crisp
2 ripe tomato slices
Romaine lettuce
1 slice pepper jack cheese
3 thin slices of roasted turkey
3 thin slices of smoked ham


Instructions

In a small dish, mix mayo and preserves till smooth

Spread preserves on the two outer pieces of bread. On one slice, add ham, tomatoes and 2 slices of bacon. On the other slice, add cheese, lettuce, turkey and bacon. Spread mashed avocado on both sides of the remaining third slice of bread. 

To assemble, place slice of bread with turkey on the bottom, followed by the bread with mashed avocado and topped with the slice with ham. Secure with toothpicks if desired. Slice in half and serve immediately. 

Makes 1 sandwich.

Labels: , , ,