Weekly Meal Plan 6/1 - 6/7

Happy Monday everyone! 

This weekend felt like it flew by....why must Monday come so fast! 

On Friday, we grabbed fish (well Kellen and I shared a pizza) with a group of my co-workers on the patio at a local restaurant.  After dinner, we headed home and played in the yard for a bit before calling it a night. 

On Saturday, Ron left for Milwaukee to ride in an bicycle ride fundraiser to support the art with his friend Dan. Kellen and I snuck in grocery shopping in the morning and wanted to get to the farmer's market, but it was really cold and raining. I left Kellen with Ron for a little bit before he left to brave it with my friend Emily...brrr! I found a ground cherry plant and that was exciting! Ron loves ground cherries and I never had one till we were in Normandy last year, and they were part of a dessert. They are very tasty little morsels! After the farmer's market, Emily and I grabbed a quick bagel before parting ways.  Kellen napped and I worked on a few recipes....it was nice to have a kitchen to myself for a few hours!  In the evening, Kellen and I babysat my friend Kayla's little girl (squeee!) and ordered pizza. 

On Sunday, Kellen and I headed to meet our friend at the park. It was a beautiful, but cook day- perfect to play hard. Here are a few shots from our day:




We also stopped for cheeseburgers and ice cream after playing hard.  Kellen napped when we got home and Ron returned shortly after. He got a little sunburned and had an awesome time. We played outside, grilled brats and made a quick trip to the hardware store to get supports for the new pear tree. 

Great weekend! 

This week I am off work Thursday and Friday and that means a short week! Yay! I am planning on relaxing and playing with Kellen- my favorite things. 

Today is also the first day of the #HotSummerEats blogging and giveaway event. See details here and please stop back to check out all of the summer recipes!

Here is what is on tap:

Monday: Out with Girlfriends for Sushi
Tuesday:  Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin with Red Wine Herb Sauce, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Asparagus
Wednesday:  Bang Bang Chicken Skewers, Cous Cous and Salad
Thursday: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Friday: Dinner with my Parents
Saturday: Out
Sunday: Baked Chicken Fajitas, Rice and Black Beans

Labels: