Weekly Meal Plan 6/29 - 7/5

This past week and weekend were crazy-ville! 

I was at a training for work in the Wisconsin Dells from Wednesday to Friday night...... so exhausting. I love learning new things professionally, but almost 3 days away was enough for me! I am lucky enough to work with a few amazing ladies, and it was great to spend time with them in between the training sessions. I got home from the Dells around 5:30 and got home to my sweet boys. We grabbed tacos for dinner and I hit the pillow early because I was attending another meet-up on Saturday in Milwaukee. 

The meet-up in Milwaukee was all about personal growth and experience. I have been an avid reader of January Harshe's blog Birth Without Fear since I first found out I was pregnant with Kellen. I don't know about you, but when I was pregnant I needed to read AllTheBirthStories. I seriously gave me a sense of peace and made me feel more prepared as to what would be in store for me. If you are a regular reader, you know that birth empowerment and education is something I feel very passionate about and am always wanting to discuss and learn more about. I find other women's experiences fascinating and different paths people take to be very interesting. Besides my own knowledge, I find nothing more amazing than a woman (or family) that owns their path to becoming a mother. From my own experience, I know that it is a crazy road that forever seems to change all the time. 

So guess what I was up to?!?!?!?!? 

Yep, I went to the Milwaukee meet-up and it was as amazing as I had hoped it would be. I went with my very good and wonderful friend/doula Emily.  The speakers were great and I was lucky enough to hear the ladies of The 4th Trimester Bodies Project. I really enjoyed them because they history of their project was so interesting and the message of body positive perspective was so inspirational. If you have not checked out their photos it is worth a peek. The project is about mothers (in many different capacities), and how different and beautiful bodies worldwide. 

We also heard from Abby of The Badass Breastfeeder.  She was a kickass presenter and blogger. Her work to normalize breastfeeding is incredible, and her blog is an amazing resource for any breastfeeding mom or family. 


Another one of my favorite parts of the meet-up was the healing circle. There were 6 women in my circle and we talked about everything. It was really special. I think everyone who has tried to get pregnant, adopted or given birth has had to deal with many different challenges because of the vulnerability and unpredictability that exists in all of those things. If you are friends with me on Facebook you probably read about my breastfeeding journey and know some things about my birth with Kellen. There are so many layers to my experience as a mother, some are unique and some aren't, but at some point I will share them with you once I am ready.  I love to hear birth stories and would love to read yours if you feel like sharing! 

My group healing circle:


At the end we got to hear January's birth story for each of her 6 children. It was so interesting how each one was so different from a c-section to a hospital birth to a home birth. Very inspiring. Emily and I got to meet January at the end and it was so cool to meet someone in person that you have followed online for years.  If you have a chance to go to this meet-up in your city, do it!!!!!


The meet-up was at a birth center in Milwaukee and an amazing thing happened during the beginning.  There was a first time mom that was at the center to birth her baby and it was born during the conference.  She allowed us to softly sing Happy Birthday to her baby girl with the door cracked. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. 

There were also cupcakes at the end.....yummy! 

I got home around 8 p.m. (after a trip to Trader Joe's) and we ordered pizza and relaxed. Kellen was at my in-laws and I was lucky enough to sleep until 9:00 a.m...... seriously that never happens! The remainder of the day was laundry, gardening and grocery shopping.  Perfect and relaxing! 

This week I do not have a lot on the agenda, but am getting ready for a fun weekend in Door County for the 4th of July! 
Here is what is on tap: 

Monday: Loaded BBQ Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, Grilled Veggies and Fruit 
Tuesday: Tater Tot Casserole and Green Beans
Wednesday:  Penne with Mini Meatballs and Creamy Pesto Feta Sauce and Salad
Thursday: Out
Friday: Door County
Saturday: Door County
Sunday: BLT and Fruit

Labels: