Slow Cooker Potato, Brat, Corn and Cheddar Casserole

Time for August Secret Recipe Club reveal day!


This month I received the blog Famished Fish. Saundra's blog is filled with lots of family friendly recipes and it was very hard to select one! While reading Suandra's "about me" section I learned that she is a mother to four children and her middle child is autistic. She shares many recipes on her blog that are geared towards his dietary needs and tastes, but can be (and are) enjoyed by her entire family. In addition, she also works full time and, like me, has to multitask when home to make sure that everyone is fed and time is spent enjoying a little family time together.  There were a few recipes I had my eye on:  Mac N Cheese Boats, Crab and Shrimp Burger, and Potato, Brat, Corn and Cheddar Casserole.  Ultimately, the casserole won me over because I am a Wisconsin girl and can't pass up a brat.  I was really excited to find a new slow cooker recipe that I knew my entire family would adore (it is great not to turn on the oven on hot summer days!). The verdict? My boys and I loved it and it reheated great for leftovers the following day.  Thanks for a fantastic new recipe!

This weekend was a lot of fun and I will recap it more in my meal plan post tomorrow.  I am headed back to work tomorrow after a few days off and the time went by way to fast! I have that time off always seems to do that and I keep wishing I had more time to enjoy the summer outside of work! However, I am excited about spending another day at the beach in Door County soon and that makes the work week a little faster!


Ingredients

8 medium-large russet potatoes
2 medium white onions
1 15 oz can corn, drained
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 26 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 pack brats (We use Johnsonville and 5 are in a pack), sliced


Instructions

Slice the potatoes and onions thinly to 1/2 inch thickness.

Layer 1/3 of the potatoes and onions in the bottom your slow cooker.  Layer 1/3 of the corn and 1/3 of the sliced brats over the potatoes and onions.

Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese over the corn and brats, and top with 1/3 of the mushroom soup.

Repeat the layers two more times and cover with the lid. Cook on low for 8 hours. Set heat to warm and remove lid to thicken for 20 minutes before serving.


An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , , ,