Grilled Teriyaki Chicken

Oh my goodness- time has flow by these past few weeks and I have been trying to keep up with everything!

Kellen started swim class and I have been playing volleyball on Wednesday nights.  That with a few other commitments have made my plate a bit full but, do not fear, my weekly updates will be back on Monday and I have lots to share! 

It has started cooling down in Wisconsin, but we grill year round (the snow just makes it taste better!) and I had a taste for chicken teriyaki on the grill! This recipe is from Taste of Home and is really easy and the ony adjustment I made was adding a little pineapple juice. Easy recipes are a lifesaver for me on busy weekdays and it is an extra bonus if the leftover are yummy for the following day lunch for Ron and I. I added a few pineapple rings to the grill because I love grilled pineapple and it is perfect with teriyaki chicken. Kellen, Ron and I loved this chicken and it was perfect dish to keep summer alive a little longer! 

This weekend we are headed to Mulberry Farms to look for a pumpkins and play with animals. Ron is golfing for work, so Kellen and I have the day to ourselves. On Sunday, I have some cleaning and cooking to do because my family is coming over for the Packer game in the evening!  I am making a mini Thanksgiving with roasted turkey breast, mashed potatoes, homemade green bean casserole and roll. My sister is bringing dessert too. 

Have a great Friday everyone! I am heading to dinner with a few of my girlfriends tonight and am excited!


Ingredients

1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup canola oil
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts


Instructions

Whisk together, soy sauce, oil, onions, honey, juice, garlic and ginger. Place chicken in a large resealable bag and pour in the marinate. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 8 hours.

Drain and discard marinade. Heat grill to medium and grill 5-6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 170°. Serving suggestion: rice, grilled veggies and grilled pineapple. 

Labels: , ,