Weekly Meal Plan 9/21 - 9/27

Happy Monday and Yay Packers!!! It's nice waking up on  a Monday morning after a great Packer victory!

This weekend was a lot of fun! On Friday, I met up with two of my girlfriends, Emily and Kayla, at Red for dinner. I had goat cheese stuffed bacon wrapped dates for a starter and they were fantastic! For my main dish I had Jalapeno Chicken and it was just ok. The chicken was good, but the sauce was a little thick and there wasn't enough for all of the chicken, but that could just be me liking sauces a lot! My friend got a steak sandwich that looked delicious...next time I will try that. For dessert, we all got a slice of the flourless chocolate cake and it was so delicious. I could only eat half of mine and the other half was boxed up for Ron. I love hanging out with these ladies and can't wait till we can all sneak away again! 

On Saturday, Ron headed out to a golf outing for work and Kellen and I got ready to go to Mulberry Farms with our friends. I had never been before, but had heard great things!  It was a little pricey for both of us, but there were many things included in the amount like a hay ride, pony ride and pumpkins! Kellen absolutly loved it and it was so fun to be able to touch all the animals. We held a chicken, held baby ducklings, pet kittens, pets pigs and baby cows...and lots more. Kellen's two favorite things were the pony ride and the hay ride- so much fun! As we bumped along he said "mama, I like this!!".  Here are a few snap shots from out day:



In the evening, we relaxed and grilled brats. Ron and I watched a few recorded shows after Kellen fell asleep and I passed out in the chair right in the middle...go figure. 

On Sunday, we slept in (as much "sleeping in" as you do with a 2 year old). and grabbed breakfast at one of our local favorites- The Pancake Place. Kellen loves the pancakes, Ron loved the hash and I love the hashbrowns- win win for everyone.  The remainder of the day was spent cleans and getting ready for my family to come for the Packer game. I roasted a few chickens,  made potatoes and homemade green bean casserole, gravy and dinner rolls....so yummy! My sister brought yummy cookies for dessert! The cherry on top of this great weekend was the Packer win! I saw on Facebook that many of my friends got to go and enjoy the game! I can't wait till we go with my cousins in October!

This week is busy busy busy! We have two birthday parties, swim lessons, dinner date with some girlfriends, Law and Order date with Emily and volleyball! Very busy week, but all of those things are really fun which makes it something to look forward to! I am also going to get started on some of my fall baking! 

Monday: Swim and Nephew's Birthday Party in Appleton...Dinner on the Go!
Tuesday: Out to Dinner with Girlfriends
Wednesday: Spicy Beef Tacos
Thursday: Nephew's Birthday Party
Friday: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Garlic Bread and Salad.
Saturday: Grilled Cheese and Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
Sunday: Potato Frittata with Feta and Scallions for Breakfast & Ikea Swedish Meatballs, Egg Noodles and Peas for Dinner

Treats: Pumpkin Banana Bread

Labels: