Weekly Meal Plan 9/7 - 9/13

Good Evening! 

These last few weeks have been a bit of a blur! I was out for the count with bronchitis last week and was slacking on my weekly meal plan- the plan went a bit off the grid as I didn't feel much like cooking. 

This weekend we celebrated Labor Day with my family in Door County.  I was chomping at the bit on Saturday morning to head out the door and enjoy time at the beach. We arrived at our cottage just in time to make BLTs with fresh garden tomatoes for lunch. The kids played on the beach and eventually Kellen went down for a short nap before getting up to help with the dinner preparation. 

Shucking sweet corn!


Side note: Kellen is now potty trained! He has been working really hard and my Mom surprised him with a pair of goggles for swim for his success. He was so excited. 


Later in the evening we grilled brats and burgers and ended the night with a fire on the beach and s'mores.


The following day we spent our time on the beach playing in the lake and sand. The kids had a blast and Kellen continued his love of sandcastle destruction.  In the evening we had carryout pizza and another wonderful fire on the beach before a rainstorm. 

The following morning we packed up and headed to The Farm for one last summer visit. Kellen had his traditional picture taken by the scarecrow. 


After The Farm, we headed home and I went to see an afternoon movie with my friend Emily while Kellen napped. When I came home I made a dozen pints of freezer salsa with our fresh garden tomatoes and we had a delicious spaghetti dinner to end the weekend.  Why is it always so hard to see the weekend end! 

This week I am helping my friend Emily get ready for the Belly to Baby Expo. I also have volleyball and am hoping to bring Kellen to Quarry Quest on Saturday. I also have a few recipes I need to work one and a few parks to play at with my little guy!

Have a great week everyone!

Here is what is on tap:

Monday: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce and Garlic Bread
Tuesday: Weeknight White Chicken Chili
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Lemon Pepper Pork Chops, Wild Rice and Peas
Friday: Out
Saturday: Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers and Salad
Sunday: Pizza for the Packer Game

Labels: