French Bread Mummy Pizzas

One more day till Halloween! 

Last night, Kellen requested once of his favorite Halloween themed meals- Mummy Pizzas. Of course his mother was excited to have pizza and obliged his craving. 

These pizzas are so simple to make and give such an adorable result. I keep ours simple with pepperoni, but I have no doubt other topping would be equally delicious.  I use regular sliced mozzarella from our deli and found the doubling your slice creates more a distinct mummy look. The first time I made these I only used a single slice thick and the cheese melted together and it was hard to tell it was a mummy! The second time I used two sliced to make the cheese thicker and the result was just what I was looking for.  I love how fun this recipe is for this time of year- and it is much loved by both of my boys! 

Tonight, I am grabbing dinner with my parents and getting ready for Halloween tomorrow. As you have saw for previous photos, Kellen is a pumpkin and so adorable. Ron is a minion and I have a witch outfit to wear, but it is suppose to be cold and a real hat might replace my pointy witch hat for trick or treating!  We are planning on a big pot of chili and mummy dogs after trick or treat. My sister, nephew, my friend Emily and her daughter will be joining us and I think we are going to have a great time.... I am hoping for a Take 5 bar in Kellen's plastic pumpkin! 

Have a wonderful Halloween everyone! 


Ingredients

12-16 inch loaf of french bread, split and halved to create 4 pieces
1 cup pizza sauce (I use this recipe, but jarred is fine)
1/2 cup mini pepperoni
8 slices mozzarella cheese
8 black olive slices


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Place bread halves on a non stick baking sheet. Spread 1/4 of sauce on each pizza. Next, evenly spread pepperoni over the sauce. To create the cheese pieces, place two pieces on top of each other and cut each two piece portion into 3 strips. Arrange the strips on each pizza making sure to leave enough room so the cheese does not melt completely together. Place olives at the top to create the eyes. 

Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted and warm. 

Remove from oven and serve immediately.

Labels: , ,