Homemade Beef-A-Roni

Were you a Beefaroni fan as a kid? I know I was! 

The other day I was really wanting a taste of one of my childhood favorites, but wasn't feeling a it from a can. I searched for a homemade version and found this recipe from Food.com. The ingredients and method was as simple as I hoped it would be and it totally brought me back. The sauce has a slight sweetness too it, like the original, and Ron wasn't a big fan, but Kellen and I really enjoyed it. Maybe when it carries the childhood nostalgia it gets two thumbs up?  Sound good to me! 

This week has flown by and I meant to share a recipe with you yesterday, but go a little behind in my day. Something to look forward to next week! This weekend we are heading to the Zoo Boo with friends and I am excited to see Kellen in his Halloween costume. He actually has two: a tiger and a pumpkin. I think we will use the pumpkin tomorrow because it is a little bigger, and I can layer his clothes since it is suppose to be cooler. Zoo Boo is a Halloween themed evening at the county zoo. The kids dress up, get candy and see the zoo all decked out and festive! I have heard from a few friends that Zoo Boo was really really busy last weekend. I keep hoping that they will cap tickets at some point because it is not as enjoyable when you crowd surf with a toddler, but I am hoping getting there early will help us avoid the masses. 

On Sunday, we are going to the Packer game with our cousins! We do this every year and I am pumped because we always have a fun together. We also tailgate and grill up some tasty food before heading to the game..... our seats also happen to be close to the fried cheese curds- win for us! Fingers crossed for good weather on Sunday and a Packer win!

Tonight we are laying low, making tacos and watching a movie to prepare for a busy weekend! 


Ingredients

2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 lb lean ground beef
1 small onion, minced
2 cans condensed tomato soup
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
2 teaspoons sugar
salt and pepper, to taste


Instructions

Cook macaroni pasta, drain and set aside. Brown the ground beef with onion. Once beef is cooked; drain excess grease. Mix in the soup, water and sugar to the beef and onion. Add the cooked pasta and stir. Season with salt and pepper.Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.

Labels: , ,