Crispy Parmesan Chicken Chicken Over Creamy Orecchiette with Spinach

Oh my goodness you guys.....this meal.... so delicious! 

I do not make crispy chicken very often, but when I do I am always reminded how delicious it is!  I like to do a basic breaded chicken with seasoned flour, an egg wash and seasoned bread crumbs. This time I opted to add a little Parmesan and it was amazing. The chicken was so juicy and full of flavor- we wished our stomachs were bigger to eat a few more bites! I paired the chicken with a simple creamy one pot Orecchiette pasta and spinach. The pasta was super simple and easy to put together along side the chicken. I love Orecchiette pasta, but can't always find it in my area so I make sure to stock up at Trader Joe's when I visit Milwaukee. Orecchiette gets its name from it shape- just like a little ear and is great is creamy sauces. I can't wait to make this meal again! 

In other news, today it our anatomy scan untrasound! I am really excited, but always a little nervous too. With Kellen, I loved seeing all the photos of baby and remember thinking the spine shot looked just like a sardine! We are doing a party to reveal the baby's sex on Saturday with our family- it will feel so long till the! However, it will be worth the wait.  I am planning a fun little spread of food and of course there will be cake to reveal the surprise! 

Have a great day everyone!


Ingredients

4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
One egg (+ 1 Tbl Water), Beaten
3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp black pepper 
1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbl grated Parmesan
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 lb Orecchiette pasta 
2 1/2 cup roughly chopped spinach 
2/3 cup heavy cream 
1/3 cup milk
1 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper, to taste


Instructions

In a large pot, boil water and cook pasta according to package instructions.

While the pasta cooks set up a station to bread the chicken. One flat dish with flour, pepper, garlic powder and 1/2 tsp salt, one bowl with egg beaten with water and one flat dish with breadcrumbs, 1 tsp salt and Parmesan cheese. Dredge the chicken breast in flour, dip in eggs and coat in the panko making sure to press the breadcrumbs into the chicken. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.

Heat oil in a large rimmed skillet over medium-high heat (you do not want the oil too hot or it will burn the coating). Once oil is hot place chicken gently in the skillet. Cook 4-5 minutes per side. The chicken should be golden brown and breading firm and crunchy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate when completely cooked. 

While chicken is cooking, drain the cooked pasta from the water and add it back to the pot.  While keeping an eye on the chicken, return pasta to stove over medium-low heat and add milk, cream, cheese and spinach. The sauce will thicken and spinach will wilt. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. 

To plate, scoop warm pasta on to plates and top with the chicken breasts. I like to slice my chicken because it makes it a little easier to eat. Serve immediately. 

Labels: , ,