One-Pot Chili Mac

Did you watch the end of the Packer game last night? Thank goodness they thwarted my doubts when I was posting last night! If you didn't see the Rogers to Rogers catch check it out here! I am hoping that this will turn around our slump and we will come back with more victories! 

I am so happy it is Friday! This week felt so long because of the extra long weekend. I always think it makes the work week drraaaggggg! 

I made this delicious one-pot meal a short time ago and it is now one of my favorites. I love one-pot and I love chili. However, my chili take awhile to make and is not exactly weeknight friendly.  I came up with this recipe so I could enjoy one of my favorite meal one a weeknight with hardly any fuss or clean up.  My family loved this meal and Kellen even went in for seconds. I know when my toddler asks for another plate it must be good! I really liked this for leftovers for our lunches as well and was happy it didn't get too dry when re-heated- sometimes I find that is an issue with one pot meals. I like to top mine with a little sour cream and cheese, but if you have other favorite chili toppings they will be just as delicious. 

Tonight, we are laying low and relaxing. Tomorrow we have a busy day of cookie making and Ron's work holiday party. Sunday I am headed to Door County with my friend Emily for a baby shower for an old friend and former college roomie.... I really need to fit laundry in there and a little holiday baking too!  Have a great weekend everyone!


Instructions

1 1/4 - 1 1/2  lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
8 oz tomato sauce
1 (14.5 oz can) diced tomatoes
1 can chili beans (I use mild or medium heat)
1 can light kidney beans
2 cup beef broth
1 cup water
3 Tbl chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
8 oz shaped pasta (I like to use large elbows)
Salt and pepper, to taste


Instructions

In a medium to large pot, brown the ground beef. Drain excess grease and add remaining ingredients besides the pasta.  Lightly simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the pasta, cover and cook till pasta is tender stirring a few times to avoid sticking while the pasta cooks. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. 

Serve immediately. Top portions with sour cream and grated cheese. 

Labels: , , ,