Spaghetti Pie

Quick dinners are the best these days...well everyday....  when I saw this recipe for Spaghetti Pie after a recommendation from another lady on my cooking board I was sold!  This recipe is great because it can be made in advance and cooked the following evening or frozen for a later.  I don't always have a lot of time at night and anything I can do to make our lives less hectic is a bonus for my family and it allows us more time to do fun things at night!  Kellen loves spaghetti and this was a big hit with him and warmed up nicely for lunch leftovers for Ron and I the following day. 

Last night I tried a new restaurant with a few girlfriends called the Vintage Cantina. It serves a la carte tacos and was delicious. I ordered a Pastor taco and Green Chicken taco. Both were amazing, but I think the Green Chicken was my favorite. We also shared a few of the dips for appetizers. I also can't wait till I can go back and try a few of the margaritas in the summer! 

Everything on the baby boy from has been great! He must have shifted around a bit because I have been sleeping a little better and have had a a lot less discomfort! Yay! I am working on building up our freezer and should be finishing up with that this weekend. Ron has everything unpacked from Kellen's old stuff and we just need to organize a little. I am feeling a good about where we are and getting more and more excited to meet our new family member. We still need a new chair for the room (Kellen asked to bring his with him) and am planning to purchase once we get all  the clothes and stuff out of the way. It is still so strange to me, like it was with Kellen, to have him with me all the time, but not seeing him yet! 

Tonight, we are heading to Appleton for dinner with Ron's family and we are excited to see everyone! We like to do a birthday celebration or sorts in February and May because it seems most of our birthdays are around this time. We are headed to a place that has delicious German food and steaks....so many choices! 


Ingredients

7 oz uncooked spaghetti
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbl butter
1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
1 (24 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella


Instructions

Cook the pasta till al dente and drain. 

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix pasta with eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter. Pout mixture into a 10-in pie dish to form a crust. Top with cottage cheese. 

Brown beef or turkey and drain. Add spaghetti sauce and mix well. Spread spaghetti sauce mixture over the cottage cheese. 

Bake 25-30 minutes. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let it stand 5 minutes before cutting. 

Serves 4-6

Labels: , , ,