Raisin Bran Muffins #SecretRecipeClub

Time for May' Secret Recipe Club Reveal! 


I sat out last month after giving birth to Rowan because I had a little too much on my plate with his hospital stay, and not enough time or energy to cook. Thankfully, this are much more peaceful in our house and cooking has returned to something I have time to do.....now blogging those recipes it is a work in progress. I think I have 5 pending that I just need to write posts for, but that is life as a mom with an infant! 

This month I received Wendy's blog, A Day In The Life On The Farm. I am familiar with Wendy's blog because we have done a bunch of blogging challenges and sponsored event together over the past few years. I was excited because I knew that she would have a plethora of delicious recipes to choose from. I was eyeing up a few recipes before picking my selection and sounded delicious! I was torn between French Bistro Chicken with Tomato SauceTeriyaki Meatballs, and Steamed Mustard Shrimp. These recipes sounds delicious to me, but I was intrigued when I saw Wendy's recipe for Raisin Bran Muffins. I am always on the look out for a quick breakfast recipe for Kellen and thought he would love these. Kellen loves raisins and I love having something he can quickly eat in the morning. Kellen is a bit of a hobbit and likes to have first and second breakfast. First breakfast is usually something quick at home before second breakfast at daycare.... like I said, a hobbit. This recipe is so easy- no mixer needed and a great way to use up that last cup of cereal in the box. The only adjustment I made was to add a few more raisins to the batter because the particular raisin bran I had didn't seem to be as full of them towards the end of the box, but that is something you can adjust depending on what you like. The raisin bran actually soaks in the milk till soft and creates a dense and rich muffin- perfect for breakfast. This recipe makes 6 regular sized muffins and that is perfect for my family, but it is an easy recipe to double if you want more muffins. This  is a recipe I know that my family will ask for again! 

Thank you Wendy for a wonderful new breakfast recipe that my little guy loves! Check out the round-up below to see other amazing recipe from of SRC bloggers. 


Ingredients

1 1/2 cup Raisin Bran Cereal
3/4 cup Whole Milk
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 Egg
1/4 cup Brown Sugar


Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 6 cup muffin tin and set aside.

Pour the cereal into a mixing bowl and soak cereal in milk for about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix well

Evenly divide batter in the muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes (mine were done at 23 minutes).

An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , , ,