Weekly Meal Plan 5/9 - 5/15

It appears that I am a little behind posting my meal plans, eh? Well I have a good excuse.... well two good excuses. How could I break away from this adorable moment?


Heart = melted puddle of mush.

This weekend was a lot of fun. We headed to Bay Beach opening day on Saturday morning and Kellen was quick to get in line for his favorite ride, the ferris wheel. We met my friend Maggie and her son there, and the boys had a blast trying out the different rides. This year Kellen was big enough to go on the helicopters without Ron or I and he was so proud of himself. It was so cute to see him and his little friend chatting as the circled above us. 


The race cars are always a big hit with Kellen as well. Rowan hung out in the stroller and enjoyed the fresh air and vitamin D in between his snoozes. I normally like to wear him in my sling, but it was a little windy and chilly, and best to bundle him up so he would stay toasty warm. Kellen was sporting his new bomber jacket from the WWII museum my parents brought back for him from their trip. 


On Saturday night we met the Lecker's for dinner. It was a lot of fun and the food was delicious, as usual. I enjoyed a brandy old fashion and after nine months that drink was strong! 

Sunday was Mother's Day and my family came over for lunch. I made strawberry goat cheese salad, deviled eggs, sub sandwiches, chips with guacamole and salsa and smoked salmon. We also enjoyed a little champagne and watched the kids play outside and enjoy the beautiful weather and dry backyard. The only gross this was Ron finding two dead mice he ran over with the lawnmower....eeewww... 

Ron cleared out my garden for Mother's Day and he and the boys sent me a lovely bouquet of flowers. MY sister also bought me an elderberry bush and I can't wait to plant it! In the afternoon, we napped and had take-out pizza for dinner. 

Here is a pic my sister snapped of Rowan over my should while we were heading outside. I love it. 


This week we are relaxing and still enjoying my time at home. I grabbed dinner with my parents after Kellen's Monday swim class. Today I am visiting my sister for lunch and heading home to work on laundry. Kellen is home with me later this week and we are planning a play-date with my friend Emily and two of his little friends. The weather is much nicer this week and we are taking advantage with a few new grilling recipes! 

In babyland things are going really well. Rowan is doing great with nursing and has really gotten the hang of things despite his rough start. I am going to do a longer post on this and talk a bit about Kellen's experience as well because they were both NICU babies and had their own challenges with breastfeeding. I think it is important to talk about breastfeeding and how difficult it can be but, how many resources there are out there to help and, in all honestly, sometimes the key is perseverance, patience, and time. Sleep has been going pretty well! We are usually up from 2-3:30 for diaper change and feeding. I normally need to pump after and that takes a little time too. I am hoping to start doing a parenting post on Saturday to talk about my boys and how our family works. It is also a way for me to organize some of these posts when I talk about mommy milestones and my kids. There are so many topics I find interesting with kids and I know that many times I like reading what other people do, not necessarily getting advice, but learning from other mom's systems helps create your own for your family. 

Here is what is on tap this week:

Monday: Chili
Tuesday: Steak and Potato Salad
Wednesday: Grilled Rosemary Ranch Pork Chops, Baked Potatoes and Grilled Asparagus
Thursday: Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp, Cous Cous and Grilled Veggies
Friday: Grilled Steaks with Blue Cheese,  Loaded Cauliflower Casserole and Grilled Asparagus
Saturday: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Garlic Bread and Salad
Sunday: Out for Pizza

Labels: