New Mama Energy Bites (Freezer Friendly Recipe)

Calling all my mama friends and readers! 

Golden Girl Granola contacted me awhile ago and gave me information on their 2nd Annual Blogger Recipe Challenge.  I love playing around with different ingredients and creating recipe and I love granola and was excited to try a new product (part of the contest included a complimentary bag of granola for entering the contest). 

Golden Girl Granola Golden Girl Granola is a family business based in Shirley, MA.  They make and sell loose granola in a variety of sizes in New England stores and you can purchase  products online. The company emphasizes on local products made by hand with the highest quality ingredients. They have a wonderful selection of different types of granola such as, The Original (honey, almond and coconut), Forest Maple (maple and almonds), Chocolate Decadence (cranberries, coconut, and almond), and Truly Tropical (mango, coconut, and cashews).  

I opted to try The Original flavor and brainstormed with a few friends on the perfect recipe.  As you know, I am a new mom (hence my inconsistent posting as of late...I will get better I promise) and always looking for new ways to boost my energy in our fast paced life. I made an energy bite with my granola with a few special ingredients for mamas like me. I am breastfeeding my baby and I added a few ingredients that are know to give little supply boosts like oats, ground flax, and brewer's yeast. I also added yummy peanut butter and mini chocolate chips, and paired with the coconut it is delicious. A perfect sweet treat for me after dinner in between bedtime, laundry, and spending a little time with my husband.  One of my other favorite times to grab one of these to-go treats is on the way to my Pure Barre classes for a little extra boost! 

Thank you Golden Girl Granola for sharing your product with me- it is very delicious!






Ingredients

2 cup Golden Girl Granola- 'The Original' (any loose granola will work)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup ground flax
2 Tbl brewer's yeast
1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp vanilla 
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 


Instructions

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together peanut butter, honey, flax, yeast, and vanilla. Gently stir in the granola and chocolate chips until evenly mixed. 

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Roll heaping tablespoons into tight balls (it helps to squeeze slightly so they stick) and place on the lined baking sheet. 

Refrigerate an hour until set and store in an airtight container up to two weeks. If freezer, place baking sheet in freeze for 30 minutes until set and store in a freezer resealable bag. Remove bites as desired and allow to thaw in fridge or counter top. 

Labels: , , ,