Slowcooker Spicy Honey Chili Lime Pork Tacos

It is so cold. Ah! I am a 4 seasons lover, but the one thing I always struggle with is when it is -20 below- so freeing and miserable. Here's to hoping for a return of "balmy" 20's sometime soon.....

Last night I had dinner with a good fiend and I found myself reflecting on how much I am enjoying this stage of my life. Sure it is absolutely insane with a 4 year old and an 8 month old, and most days I question when I will sleep normally again. BUT, my friends and I connect on a totally new level now that we have kids. Conversations have turned from weekend party plans to parenting and things we do get the most our of life and time with family/friends. I feel like the relationships have turned into greater areas of support and we actually get to know each other better even after knowing some friends for years!

So this recipe....is so good. I love tacos and many times we stick to traditional ground beef because  Ron and Kellen like it best, but I like to try different combos from time to time.  This recipe is great for a weeknight because the recipe is easy to put together and easy to put on the table after a crazy day.  The flavors are sweet, spicy and tangy. I like to top with a little guac, tomatoes, onion and cilantro, but you can top with our favorites. Kellen loved the pork and enjoyed dipping his in a little sour cream.  I love this simple variation on our favorite weeknight go to meal!

Tonight my goal is to get some Christmas gifts wrapped! I know it will sneak up on me fast and I am so behind getting it organized....I am also the worst gft wrapper ever and hate doing it! Plus I do not want to be up till 3 am on Christmas Eve wrapping gifts.... 

Happy Thursday everyone!



Ingredients

2 lb pork loin 
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 1/2 Tbl soy sauce 
3 1/2 Tbl honey 
Zest 1 lime 
Juice 2 limes
1 Tbl chili powder 
3 garlic cloves, minced 
2 jalapeƱos with tops removed
Salt and pepper, to taste


Instructions

Place pork in the slowcooker. Season with salt and pepper.  I  a medium bowl, whisk together broth, soy sauce, honey, lime zest, lime juice, chili power, and garlic. Place jalapenos on both sides of pork.  Cook 7-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. 

Remove pork from slow cooker and shred. Remove jalapeno and return pork to slow cooker. Stir to coat with sauce. 

Serve in tortillas with guacamole, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. 

Labels: , , ,